Promote competitive and sustainable manufacturing sectors in Africa
An opportunity to optimize your value chains
An alternative to subcontracting in Asia and Eastern Europe
Which countries are the most attractive?
Which benefits, which risks?
The Observatory is a think-tank open to all those who are interested in this issue.
- Africa’s economic development is vital for Europe
- Competitive and sustainable manufacturing activities are key for the african economic development
- In subsaharan Africa, most manufacturing sectors are under international standards (car manufacturing, metal treatment, transport equipment, chemicals, textiles…)
- European enterprises can be involved by developing the “co-production” process
- For the European enterprises, it is an alternative to production in Asian and Central European “low cost” countries.
- 60 indicators comparing the evolution of the 15 African countries and 5 “comparator” countries (China, India, Poland, Serbia, Vietnam) covered by the Observatory, around the following themes.
- A section entitled “Industrial network” describing recent manufacturing investments in the 15 African countries covered by the Observatory, broken down into 13 activity sectors.
- 6 “Dossiers” structured around the following themes:
The Observatory regularly produces case studies and working papers, which can be consulted at the following links:
Participate to the life of the Observatory